Navigation: |


Name: Dalton


Dalton

Dalton as a village centre came into being with the arrival of the railway in 1900. In the Natal Directory for 1910 Dalton is described as “a small collection of buildings round a railway station, altitude 3390 ft” The Directory includes the fact that Dalton was the centre of a large wattle bank area, with other buildings including a hotel, a large store, a Government – aided school, a smithy, a small mill and a Methodist Church – Sundays 8.30a.m.